Sunday, May 22, 2011

programs/family/baptism/birthday party

Another full week at the Thorsen house. Of course it was beautiful outside during the week and rainy and storms most of the weekend. No major storms at our house but our back yard is basically a muddy swamp (as a few of the kids at the birthday party on Sunday found out first hand) As I sit here writing this it is raining yet again ...




The girls with Ashley posing for the camera
Tuesday was the last girl scout meeting of the year for Mallory. I think she had a lot of fun participating in girl scouts. They spent a majority of the night working on things for their day camp that was suppose to be on Saturday but unfortunately was cancelled due to weather. She has a 4 day camp at the end of June hope the weather is better for that. Wednesday was dance night as usual next week is picture day so no practice.Thursday was Mallory's Kindergarten program called 'Going on a picnic'. All four kindergarten classes sang together. They did a great job. Ashley and Grandpa Paul joined us. I didn't take any snapshots but do have video hopefully I will find time to upload some of it (We didn't have the best view) Friday Mykaela's class invited parents and friends for the last 30 min of class and they sang us the songs they knew. I will also upload some video of her class signing (not promising :) )
The rest of the week was focused on the Sunday activities. Krista took Mykaela and I shopping at Sam's on Friday evening. Then Kirk and I cleaned up around the house Saturday morning. Then the crew started to arrive. Owen and Olivia came over around 10 because Krista and Jason were participating in a golf charity event for the day. Erin and Grandpa Paul came over for a few hours to play with the kids. Mallory and I snuck out to do a few more shopping errands for Sunday. When we got back to the house Grandma Peggy, Grandpa Pj, Nick, Barbie, Sophie and Stella had arrived and Erin and Grandpa Paul had gone home. The kids spent the evening playing and providing entertainment. It is quite the task making sure you have all the kids together when everyone is outside.
Grandma Peggy and Olivia

Best attempt at getting all the grandkids to look

Sophie and Mykaela enjoying dress up

I think Stella found her new favorite toy


Mykaela teaching Sophie how to pucker her lips when applying lip gloss
 Sunday went quicker than Saturday. The baptism went fairly well. I think it helped Owen and Olivia that they were able to play in the water a few weeks ago. Marshall was doing fairly well until he noticed that I was standing behind him. He has become quite attached and only wants me to hold him if I am around. As you can see from the pictures :) Hopefully I can snap a few of him with his god parents when he is actually happy.

Marshall with his god parents. Erin Ryan Anna and Matt. Also happens to be Matt's 18th Birthday.

Family picture. Didn't realize I was standing so far from Mykaela :)
Back to our house for dinner and Marshall's Birthday Party. Typical party crew and activities. Food, cake, quilt squares, family, friends and fun.

His actual birthday is on Wednesday.

Quite the crew of kids at his party.
Time for cake

Wasn't very happy that the frosting and cake were sticking to his fingers.

Not quite sure he likes it yet.

Big handful in his mouth.

Has been a great year and has gone way to fast. Happy Birthday to our little guy!

No comments: